Inspiring co-operative enterprise through education
- Co-operative Development Scotland (CDS)
- Co-operative Development Scotland was set up in 2006 to increase the contribution of co-operative enterprise to the Scottish economy. They are a subsidiary of Scottish Enterprise and have a Scotland-wide remit to promote and facilitate the development of co-operative enterprises.
- The Co-operative Group
- The Co-operative Group is one of the world's largest consumer co-operatives. They have led the way in getting Fair Trade into the supermarkets here in the UK. Their website has masses of information on their involvement in Fair Trade. There are special in-depth reports on cocoa and coffee, which make excellent resources for Young Co-operatives in particular.
- Scotland's largest independent co-operative, Scotmid has over 260 retail outlets in the shape of our community based food stores and our toiletry chain Semi Chem.
- Community Retail Network
- Growing out of the work and commitment of a founding group of community co-operatives, the Network was established in 2004 with the aim of supporting and promoting sustainable community-owned shops. Community co-operatives provide vital services to members in remote and rural areas of Scotland, including Lewis, Shetland and Argyll.
- Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative (EBC)
- EBC is a very successful worker co-operative, providing a wide range of bicycle related products and services. Every EBC worker becomes a co-op member, with an equal share in the business, after serving a one-year 'apprenticeship'. EBC now has approximately 100 members.
- Media co-op
- Media co-op is an award-winning team of professionals operating as a co-operative enterprise, with a solid track record in broadcast television, corporate production and community film-making.
- Mondragón Corporation (MC)
- MC is an umbrella organisation for over 250 worker co-operatives and subsidiaries in the Basque region of Northern Spain. The group is widely regarded as the most successful worker co-operative organisation in the world.
- SAOS are Scotland's experts on co-operative and collaborative strategies, structures and management. They provide a comprehensive range of development and consultancy services, supported by The Scottish Government.
- HBS Ring
- HBS Ring Ltd is a co-operative made up of 1100 Farmers, Estates, Contractors, Small Businesses and Individual Members. They match up farmers with a surplus of machines or labour with those who have a shortage.
- ANM Group
- ANM Group Ltd is one of the largest and most progressive farmer-owned agri-businesses in the UK and plays a major role in Scotland's agricultural economy. The 7500 farmer-shareholders who own the business have a direct involvement in the direction of the Group through the medium of the board of directors and this is a major factor in the stability of the business.
- The role of the Scottish League of Credit Unions is the promotion of the credit union experience in Scotland and to support its member credit unions in achieving the specific goals and objectives that the credit unions themselves have determined to constitute their individual mandates.
- ABCUL is the main trade association for credit unions in Britain. They provide a wide range of services to our members including information, representation and training.
- West Whitlawburn Housing Co-operative (WWHC)
- Providing high quality, affordable rented housing in Cambuslang and meeting the social, educational and recreational needs of our tenants through a programme of community activities.
- Rosehill Housing Co-operative Ltd
- Rosehill Housing Co-operative Ltd is a mutual organisation managing 859 properties for its' members since 1987.
- Tullis Russell
- Tullis Russell Group Ltd became employee owned in 1994 in a pioneering capital reorganisation programme, the first of its type in the United Kingdom. The scheme involved a transfer of ownership to the employees using the legislation governing Employee Share Ownership Trusts in the UK.
- John Lewis
- One of the UK's leading retailers, John Lewis is owned by its's 70,000 partners through an employee trust established in 1929 by John Spedan Lewis. The company's constitution places 'the happiness of its members' as the Partnership's ultimate purpose.
- Supporters Direct
- Supporters Direct promotes the value of supporter ownership to sports fans, empowering them to set up supporters' trusts or become members of existing trusts.
- Clydebank FC
- The creation of the Supporters Trust provides a vehicle for Clydebank fans to own a share in their club and for the members to work together to generate vital funds.